Picking the Best Scooter for Kids can be a bit of a challenge and sometimes, even overwhelming seeing as there so many choices to pick from. Different scooters on the market come with different specifications and features. And you want to pick which one is best to provide your kid with the most fun while still ensuring that they are safe. These are, therefore, what you need to look out for when trying to choose a scooter for your child; features that provide maximum fun as well as ensure safety. This article will provide reviews of ten of the best scooters for kids which you can find on the market. Read on to find which one suits you best.
|Product Name||Age Range||Customer Rating|
|Razor A3 Kick Scooter||5 years and above||4.7 out of 5|
|Micro Maxi Scooter||5-12 years||4.8 out of 5|
|Globber 3 Wheel Scooter||2-6 years||4.6 out of 5|
|Razor A Kick Scooter||5 years and older||4.7 out of 5|
|Micro Kick Scooter||5 years and above||4.7 out of 5|
|Radio Flyer Scooter||2-5 years||4.3 out of 5|
|Mini Micro Deluxe||5 years and above||4.8 out of 5|
|Razor A2 Kick Scooter||5 years and older||4.6 out of 5|
|Ybike glx pro Scooter||5 years and above||4.8 out of 5|
|Little Tikes Scooter||2-4 years||4.2 out of 5|
Reviews of the Top Ten Best Scooter for Kids
- Razor A3 Kick Scooter Review
- Micro Maxi Scooter Review
- Globber 3 Wheel Scooter Review
- Razor A Kick Scooter Review
- Micro Kick Scooter Review
- Radio Flyer Scooter Review
- Mini Micro Deluxe Review
- Razor A2 Kick Scooter Review
- Ybike glx pro Scooter Review
- Little Tikes Scooter Review
1. Razor A3 Kick Scooter Review (Best Scooter for 5 Years Old and above)
Razor A3 Kick Scooter is one of the best scooters which your child can play with and have all the fun they want. It also provides maximum safety for your child. This scooter is designed for children 5 years and above and also comes with very sturdy aircraft grade aluminum. This ensures that the scooter is very durable and will stay with your kid for a very long time. Razor A3 Kick Scooter also comes with inline style urethane wheels. In addition, this includes a shock absorbing system which is as well springless. So you can be sure that the comfort and safety of your child have been adequately catered to. What’s more? It comes with a patented rear fender brake which will help your child to make quick stops when they have to. This will help to reduce the risk of accidents since your child can make a quick break to prevent a collision, for example.
Additionally, this scooter is also very easy to fold away so you can easily carry it anywhere, store it as you want and protect it from being susceptible to theft. This kids’ scooter supports children weighing even up to 143 pounds. If you are looking for an excellent scooter that can provide the perfect companionship for your child, Razor A3 is sure to be one of your best bets.
- It is designed with very durable material
- It provides adequate comfort and safety for your child
- There is a rear fender brake to help quick brakes and reduce the risk of accidents
- It is easy to fold and carry around
- Its foldable nature means that you can protect it from theft
- It can carry children weighing up to 143 pounds
- It is not suitable for children weighing a lot more than 143 pounds
- It may be too heavy for children below 5 years old
2. Micro Maxi Scooter Review (Best scooter for kids ages 5-12)
This scooter is designed for children of elementary school age and features great wheels which will provide a really smooth glide which your child is sure to love. It provides the feeling of being on a skateboard with its carving and curving action. However, it is a lot easier to maneuver and will provide your child with so much more control. Micro Maxi Scooter allows you to choose between 2 steering options; the joystick which will provide with better carving and curving and the traditional TBar which will enable easier and better balancing.
Micro Maxi also comes with a steering stick that extends from 24 inches to 36 inches. There are also interchangeable handlebar styles which are provided as an accessory. You can choose one of them at the beginning and then switch over to the other one later. In addition, every single part of this scooter is replaceable. This allows the scooter to last for a very long time since you can just replace any part that goes bad. This scooter works perfectly on just about any ground or pavement whether urban or suburban. It is suitable for children between the ages of five and twelve.
- This scooter comes with excellent wheels to provide a very smooth glide
- It is quite really easy to maneuver
- It gives your child enough control as they ride
- It comes with steering options you can choose from
- You can replace every part of this computer which means that it can last with your child for a very long time
- It is perfect for just about any kind of ground
- Children below the age of five may not be able to handle it and children above the age of twelve may find it too small for them
- The metal on the back of the scooter can be noisy sometimes
3. Globber 3 Wheel Scooter Review (For 2 – 6 years kids)
This scooter comes with three wheels and is excellent for very young children before they learn to begin using two-wheeled scooters. Globber 3 Wheel Scooter hence provides an excellent opportunity for your child to learn how to use a scooter before they graduate to using the two-wheeled ones. The two wheels in front are larger than the one in front to help enable stability for your child especially on rougher surfaces. It is designed with high rebound PU material and ABEC 5 bearings which help to make a very smooth ride. It will also help the wheels to last longer than most other wheels can. The handlebars it comes with are adjustable with a 3 position latch system and so can grow with your kid. The handlebar grips are also very comfortable and designed so that they do not easily wear out. In addition, you can easily take out the handlebars from the deck whenever you want by simply pushing a button.
Again, Globber 3 Wheel Adjustable Height scooter can very easily come apart in 2 pieces so in case you want to go out with it or put it in a car, you will find it very easy. And it is as easy to assemble it back. Apart from all these, the steering comes with a lock mechanism which locks the scooter to enable it to move in a straight line whenever your child wants. You can also just easily unlock it by pressing a button. This scooter can carry a child of up to 110 lbs and is anti-slip to help keep your child in place. The deck also has a steel reinforcement to provide durability and strength.
- It provides a great opportunity for your really young child to learn how to ride a scooter
- It is very stable
- It is durable and strong
The grips are very comfortable
- It is easy to disassemble and carry around as well as easy to assemble it back
- It comes with a lock mechanism to help your child control the steering
- It may not be able to carry children weighing something over 110 lbs
4. Razor A Kick Scooter Review (Ages 5 and Older)
Sure to be your kid’s favorite thing, Razor A Kick Scooter will provide your child with the best riding experience ever. This scooter is also designed with aircraft grade aluminum and so you can go on and have confidence in its durability. This scooter is sure to give you a long time before you can begin to consider another. It also comes with patented rear fender brake which can give your child total control while they ride. It also comes with a very smooth feel to ensure comfort during the ride. It also includes handlebars which you can adjust to fit your desire as well as foam grips to protect your child’s palms from any bruises. Razor a kick scooter also folds very easily to ensure easy transport as well as storage. You can, therefore, easily carry this scooter around and store it where you want, as you want it to protect it from getting stolen. This scooter is also one pretty thing your son or daughter will definitely love to be riding. Its aesthetic value can comfortably pass as the best thing about this scooter but of course, there is so much more. This scooter is fun, safety, and aesthetic value all in one single package. Definitely, one of the best scooters for kids you will love this just as much as your child will.
- This scooter is safe and fun
- It comes with foam grips to ensure comfort while your child rides
- It is very durable and will last with you for a long time
- It is designed to let your child have complete control of their ride
- The handlebars it comes with are easily adjustable
- It is very easy to fold so you can just carry it anywhere as well as store it away in good, protected condition
- It is a bit tough for kids to collapse and rearrange it all by themselves
5. Micro Kick Scooter Review (Age 2-5 Years)
Micro Mini Original Kick Scooter is designed for younger kids between the ages of 2 and 5. It provides great fun and exercise and comes with very smooth gliding wheels which your little kid will definitely love. It comes with a very stable and safe steering which your child can control easily. There is also included, a flexible fiberglass which works hand in hand with the wheels to absorb bumps which can quite easily be found on sidewalks. Your child can also conveniently ride this scooter in the safety of your home, thanks to the non-marking wheels it comes with. In all, this scooter comes with an excellent turning mechanism which will provide your child with great ease of learning how to ride the scooter.
In addition, you can very easily assemble this Micro Kick Scooter. You do not even need any tools to do this. If you are looking for the perfect holiday or birthday or Christmas present to give your child, you just might have found it. This scooter which is also one of the best scooters for kids will be just that.
- It is designed with smooth gliding wheels
- The steering is very stable as well as safe
- Your child will find it quite really easy to maneuver and control this scooter it can absorb bumps
- It comes with non-marking wheels that make it okay for your child to ride it in the comfort of your home
- The turning mechanism is excellent
- It is only good for hard surfaces
- It has a weight limit of 44 lbs
- It is mostly only perfect for children between the ages of 2 and 5
6. Radio Flyer Scooter Review (For 2-5 Years Old)
Radio Flyer is yet another great scooter which you as well as your child will really love. It is the excellent choice for children who are yet to get used to riding a scooter and are just beginning. It is a cute, simple and safe scooter which is designed with a very wide base as well as two wheels in front to help ensure your child’s stability as they ride. Your child can balance comfortably on this scooter and ride as far or long as they want. Its turning radius is designed to make sure that your child is very safe as they turn while still ensuring good mobility. There is also a footbrake included in the scooter to help your child gain more control of the scooter.
The wheel at the back of the scooter also comes with a cover which provides maximum safety and protection for your child. It also comes with a special tapered base which will help your child get a better kick path. The grip handle it comes with is also ergonomic to provide maximum comfort for your child as they ride. In addition, this Radio Flyer Scooter is easy to put together and it is perfect for children weighing 50 lbs and below. Here is a simple, excellent scooter which can let your child have a lot of fun while providing comfort and the perfect protection. Definitely one of the best scooters for kids, you and your child will love it.
- It is great to let beginners learn how to ride a scooter
- It is designed to provide stability for your child
- It is very easy for your child to control
- It is designed with the safety of your child in mind
- It will provide your child with enough comfort as they ride
- It is not foldable
- It is not suitable for children weighing above 50 lbs
7. Mini Micro Deluxe Review (Children Ages 2-5)
Everything you need in a scooter that’s really worth it can be found right here on Micro Deluxe Mini Kick Scooter. It has a weight capacity of up to 75 lbs and also comes with a TBar which you can adjust from 17” to 25”. This kids scooter can accommodate as well as grow with your child and comes with very smooth gliding wheels which your child is sure to love. The deck is low to the ground and therefore, for your child to deal with. It also comes with a very stable steering which your child can just easily maneuver. Its great quality wheels and its flexible fiberglass reinforced deck will ensure that bumps on the sidewalk are well absorbed so that your child does not have to suffer any discomforts.
Your child can also comfortably ride this Mini Micro Deluxe Scooter right there in the comfort of your home since it comes with non-marking wheels. There is also a dual-injection deck which includes anti-slip silicone to keep your child safe and in place. You can also easily assemble it without needing any tools. Here is one excellent scooter which definitely, will be the best plaything for your and be sure to keep them safe. Looking for the perfect scooter to grow with your 2 to 5 year old? Mini Deluxe is a fantastic choice.
- It comes with smooth gliding wheels to provide your child with a comfortable and easy ride
- It is very stable and will give your child the perfect balance
- It is designed to absorb bumps on sidewalks
- It comes with anti-slip technology to keep your child protected
- It allows your child to ride even right at home since it comes with non-marking wheels
- You can totally remove the handle when you want to store
- It is easy to assemble
- The scooter does not fold down
8. Razor A2 Kick Scooter Review (Ages 5 and Older)
This Razor A2 Kick Scooter is designed with aircraft-grade aluminum T-tube and so you can be sure that it is strong enough to withstand lots of use, even rigorous ones as time passes. It comes with in-line style urethane wheels with springless front suspension to resist the effects of bumpy pavements. It is also very easy to fold into a compact so you can just carry it around in your bag or your car or anything else for easy transport. This will also help to protect the scooter from theft since you can fold it and keep it away in a safe place. The handlebars are also very easily adjustable so you can take it to whatever position suits your child best. An all-new wheelie bar is also included to let your child have even more fun.
Razor A2 Kick Scooter also comes with a patented rear fender brake to let your child make quick stops whenever the need arises. This will also come in handy to protect your child from accidents such as hitting things or getting hit since they can quickly just stop. Here is another excellent kick scooter designed to give your 2 to a 5-year-old child the best fun they have ever had. You can also rest knowing that they will be safe as they ride.
- It is easy to adjust the handlebars to the preferred position of your child
- It is strong enough to resist rigorous uses and so can last for a long time
- It comes with springless suspension to protect your child from the effects of bumpy pavements
- It is easy to fold and carry around
- It includes a rear fender brake to let your child just easily stop when they want
- It provides maximum protection for your child
- It may not be suitable for children above 5 year old
9. Ybike GLX Pro Scooter Review (3 Wheel Scooter for Kids ages 5 years old and above)
Ybike GLS Pro Scooter comes with a modern 3 wheel ‘lean and steer’ design and so is great for skilled kids who are up to 5 years old. It comes with adjustable handlebars which can extend from 28 inches to 32.5 inches so the scooter can grow with your kid. It also comes with larger front wheels will which help to ensure that your child can have a smooth ride. There is also a non-slip ABS deck which is also reinforced with fiber to keep your child safe and in place. This pro scooter designed for children between the ages of 5 to 10 also has a maximum weight capacity of 119 lbs.
This three wheeled scooter will ensure that your child can have a perfect balance. The wide and raised deck surface it comes with makes for an excellent grip to provide even more safety as your child rides. You can also just easily assemble this scooter without the need for any tools. Just about everything you can want in a good scooter is included in this one. This scooter is a simple, good one which your child can easily use. Comfortable and safe, Ybike GLX PRO 3 Wheel Kick Scooter is one of the best choices you will ever make for a scooter.
- This scooter comes with adjustable handlebars which you can adjust to you can adjust to suit the needs of your child
- It comes with three wheels to ensure a perfect balance
- It provides an excellent grip for your child
- It comes with non-slip technology to protect your child
- It is easy to assemble as well as disassemble without the use of any tools
- This scooter is not recommended for children below 5 years or above ten years
- It comes with balloons that can be very unsafe for children under the age of 8. It, therefore, requires very careful adult supervision.
10. Little Tikes Scooter Review (Ages 2-4 years)
Little Tikes will be your child’s favorite thing. This one is designed to put the imagination of your child to work and provide them with even more fun. It is designed for children between the ages of 2 and 4 and features three wheels to provide your child with perfect control and balance. Two of these wheels are placed at the front of the scooter to provide excellent stability for your child as they ride. It is also quite really low to the ground so your child can be at ease and comfortable on their ride. It comes with a foot brake which is attached to the back wheel to give your child more control during the ride. It also comes with a quick release handle which you can easily just take out and store. This Little Tikes Scooter is very easy to maneuver and control and will be just an excellent buy for your kid. If you have been thinking about what’s perfect to help your little girl or boy have the best fun and safely so, you should really be thinking Little Tikes. It is sure one of the best scooters for kids on the market. Your child will love you more.
- It provides balance and stability for your child
- It helps to stir up the child’s imagination with the fun features it comes with
- It is low enough for your child to easily get on and balance
- It is easy to assemble as well as dissemble
- It is lightweight
- It comes with a handle which you can easily take whenever you want
- This scooter is not foldable
- The handlebars it comes with are not adjustable
Best Kids Scooter Buying Guide
There are a number of things you should put into consideration before going ahead to pick a scooter for your kid or kids. If you are going to get the best scooter for your kid, then you must pay attention to those. This will help to make sure that what you purchase is actually the best for your child and will provide them with the fun, comfort, and safety they need. You may have heard a number of technical and confusing stuff about scooters and their features. Don’t worry, this section will help end all of that confusion.
Here, you will find, in simple terms, about the features that make for a good scooter and which you need to pay attention to in order to be able to pick the right scooter for your child. Here are some of those things you need to consider when trying to buy a scooter for your child;
Here, we are going to deal with a number of wheel features which you need to consider;
- The Diameter of the Wheel: Standard scooter wheels are usually between 100 mm and 110 mm and would usually be found on scooters of standard size. Even though wheels of different sizes can be good for different things, the 1oo and 100 mm are generally great for standard scooters. Wheels of 120 mm and above are great if you want to go faster. This is what smaller wheels cannot exactly offer you. This will enable your child to glide faster without having to push a lot as well as help you to have a smoother ride. Wheels of this size are the ones great to help absorb shocks and all the effects of bumps and pavement cracks. They will also provide an easier ride on uneven grounds. However, smaller wheels are actually easy to maneuver and are better than small wheels for doing tricks.
- The Production Material: Most of the time, scooter wheels are manufactured with urethane or polyurethane, PU. This is usually a very durable material which can as well offer a very smooth ride. Sometimes too, scooter wheels can be made of plastic or PVC. However, while this can also be very durable, it does not provide as much a smooth ride as wheels made of urethane and polyurethane.
- The Durometer of the wheel: Normally, the durometer measurement for scooter wheels would range from 74A to 88A. Lower numbers also usually mean softer wheels which will provide better shock absorption and in turn, provide a smoother ride.
- The Width of the Wheel: Just know that the wider the wheels, the more stability you child can have especially if they are really young.
The ABEC ratings you see on scooters are usually about the bearings. Higher ABEC ratings usually mean higher quality bearings so you should look out for this when buying a scooter for your child. They would usually range from ABEC -1to ABEC -3 to ABEC -5. If you are looking for the best quality, pick the highest ABEC rating.
3. HANDLEBAR STEERING VERSUS LEAN AND STEER
You must have seen the term ‘lean and steer mechanism’ on a scooter you have bought or nearly bought. This usually just means that to go right, the rider needs to lean right and to go left, the rider needs to lean left. This usually provides a very fun experience for kids. Also, moving the handlebar will not affect which direction the rider goes. Nevertheless, there are scooters which come with steering mechanisms that let you turn scooter with the handlebars. This is what you would usually find on a 2 wheeled scooter and sometimes on a 3 wheeled scooter.
4. FOLDING MECHANISM
This is another very great feature to look out for when looking out for a scooter for your kid. Especially if you have a very young child or younger children, you will the folding mechanism very valuable. Since you might have to carry the scooter with you to a park or anywhere else for your child to play with, having one that folds easily is a great way to make carrying the scooter easier. However, you should bear it in mind that scooters which can fold are not as strong as those which do not fold. Therefore, if your child would love to do tricks on it, for example, you might want to pick a scooter that does not fold.
5. THE WEIGHT OF THE SCOOTER
This would usually depend on how young or old your child is. A very young child will find it easier to carry and control a light scooter. Heavier scooters can be gotten for older children who are strong enough to bear the weight. The weight of a scooter usually depends on the maximum weight capacity and will increase with an increase in the maximum weight capacity.
6. THE DECK OF THE WHEEL
A scooter with a wide base or wheel deck will usually be sturdier and make it easier for a little child to balance. With a wide wheel deck, your child can also fit his or her both feet on the deck during the ride. Decks that are really low are also recommended for younger children to enable them get on and off easily. Besides, it is also safer for them.
In addition, younger children will find decks with shorter lengths easier to deal with since it will not interfere with their kick path. As your kid(s) gets older, the length of the deck can increase as it fits their age and size.
7. THE HEIGHT OF THE HANDLEBAR
A handlebar which is at the height of your child’s waist is the excellent choice to provide safety as well as comfort. Handlebars that are too high can be really difficult to control and if they are too low, your child will have to hunch over to ride and that is not comfortable at all. Therefore, when trying to pick a scooter for your child, look for one that has a handlebar with a height just around their waist so that they can control it and ride with comfort.
Benefits of Buying the Best Scooter for Kids:
A scooter is not merely a toy. Of course, it is but there is so much more about it. Buying a scooter for your child comes with a lot of benefits for the child and even for you. Apart from just providing a lot of fun for the child which is, of course, a great thing, there are so many other benefits which riding a scooter can provide your kid with. Let us take a look at some of those benefits;
- A scooter will provide another way for your child to have fun besides the regular things they get to do.
- A scooter will give your child an alternative mode of transportation. It will help save your child from having to walk or run a number of times when they do not want to. If you are going to be sending them on errands around your neighborhood, a scooter will provide an easier way for them to attend to those errands.
- Riding a scooter is an exercise that will the circulation of blood in your child’s body keeping him healthy and fresh
- It provides a great opportunity for your child to see new things and places and have a broader mind
- It helps to keep your child busy instead of him or her sitting idle
- It helps to prevent fat from freezing in your child’s body which might be the case when they are not active enough
- It will help your child to build more confidence in him or herself as riding a scooter gives them some sort of responsibility. If you will organize a mini contest sometimes, between your child and other kids, it can help them to learn how to face challenges.
- Riding a scooter will help your child to gain balance and learn how to ride without falling off
- It helps to keep your child generally fit since it is a form of exercise for him or her
- It enables the child to build a good concentration as he or she has to focus to get where they are going without experiencing any falls or accidents
- Riding a scooter will help your kid to learn the rules of traffic at a very young age. Even though they can, of course, not ride on the highways, a scooter will provide a great opportunity for them to begin to learn how to handle traffic. Here, your guidance as a parent will also be very valuable
Frequent Asked Questions (FAQ) About Scooters for Kids
Is it advisable for kids to wear helmets while riding their scooters?
Answer: Yes. It is absolutely important for kids to wear helmets while riding their scooters. This is for the purpose of keeping their heads safe in the event of an accident seeing as the head is a very delicate part of the body. A helmet is especially important if your child is going at quick speeds or if they are doing stunts and tricks.
At what age should a child stop using a scooter?
Answer: There is not really a specified age when a child has to stop using a scooter. It all depends on personal choices and if the child wants to stop riding a scooter. The truth is, even adults ride scooters these days so how much more a child who is only still growing. Whether you are a child, a teenager or an adult, you ride a scooter if you want. And if you no longer want to ride the scooter, then it’s your choice and it’s fine.
How safe is it for my child to ride a scooter?
Answer: The truth is that almost everything comes with a risk. Accidents happen with scooters and your child can fall off and even get injured. However, you can reduce the risk of this to a very large extent if you will take a few precautions for safety. First of all, make sure you buy a scooter that is designed with features to help your child ride safely. Apart from that, take precautions such as getting your child to wear a helmet as well as elbow and knee pads. Do not let your child ride on the road or on busy streets. Also, try to control the speed of your child to keep them from crashing into people or things.
Riding a scooter is an excellent outdoor activity for your child. Apart from letting them have a lot of fun, it also comes with a lot of benefits which we have already seen above. The above-reviewed scooters are some of the best scooter for kids available in the markets. They come with a lot of excellent features, just the things you need on a scooter, just what your child needs to have fun and safely so. Just go over the list and you can pick which one works best for you and your child.